In a very panoramic position in the municipality of Foligno, in the heart of Umbria, we find this beautiful medieval castle. The property, spanning over 500 sqm, currently offers a total of 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. A beautiful garden enclosed by the original walls is ideal for events and weddings and also features a finely restored private chapel. All around, 4.0 hectares of land complete the property.
The castle, with its fantastic finishes, the ample outdoor spaces and the enviable position, has been converted by the current owners into a luxury 5-star accommodation business.
The first records about the tower date back to the second half of the 13th century: this place, where probably a fortified community was already thriving, is mentioned in the Cronaca di Perugia: on May 19, 1289, a battalion of Perugine troops attacked several keeps around Foligno and this tower was no exception.
The castle itself was built in the first half of the 14th century on top of the hill, probably on the remains of the old tower. The location allowed easy control of the underlying valley.